Documentation and Coding Psychiatry and Behavioral Health Care 2020
As a result of the coronavirus, and for the health and well-being of everyone, the workshop scheduled for April 14, 2020 has been cancelled and will be rescheduled at a later date.
Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be contacted when a new date has been selected.
10:00 - 12:30 p.m. (with 15 min. break)
- Review of the current status of CPT coding, ICD-10 coding and insurance coverage for behavioral heath and addiction medicine issues with review of changes in Medicare policy and process for SUD issues and 2020 coding changes.
- Review in detail the structure for CPT coding for psychiatry with review of code for initial assessment using 90791 or 90792, structure for psychotherapy, medication management and interactive complexity with review of the proposed documentation changes by CMS under the Trump administration.
- Review of the care management documentation and coding process with primary care.
- Review interactive complexity.
- Review individual therapy with identified needs for treatment plans and review documentation and coding for group therapy and family therapy.
12:30 - 1 p.m. Lunch (provided)
1 - 4 p.m. (with 15 min. break)
- Review of the basic evaluation and management (E&M) guidelines by place of service (office/outpatient, hospital, nursing home) and the basic components of each location and service level—and the changes Medicare is anticipating for 2021.
- Review of coding and documentation for psychotherapy services, with and without E&M services and delineation of time documentation.
- Review of the new psychology testing codes.